6 tips to make bathroom cleaning a breezeAugust 27, 2018
When it comes to cleaning at home, there is no doubt that you want to use the safest and most efficient products. After all, a hygienic environment is not something you want to make a compromise with, especially if you have little children running around.
For many of the tasks at home, you resort to store-bought cleaning products, all of which promise quick and proven results. Yet, there is one cleaning ingredient hiding in your pantry, which you can use in your cleaning efforts as well – baking soda. This kitchen staple has some remarkable cleaning properties that you should never overlook.
Here are a few uses that you will want to make the most of:
- Oven cleaning – perhaps the most widespread use of baking soda is to clean the oven. It is a relief that there is a such a safe method to clean the appliance since most oven cleaners involve strong formulas, which can make your head dizzy. Baking soda, on the other hand, does the job without a single side effect. What you have to do is mix water and baking soda into a paste, spread it inside the interior and let it sit for a few hours. Afterwards, you just wipe it clean and enjoy your freshly-cleaned oven. This method is both safe and easy to use, so don’t hesitate to try it out.
- Unclog the drain – if the drain is giving you trouble, you needn’t hurry and call the plumber just yet. Maybe little baking soda is all you need to remedy the situation. Pour some down the drain and follow with vinegar. This combination will remove the clog, and once you rinse with hot water, the flow will be restored.
- Refresh the carpet – vacuuming your carpet is often not enough to get rid of the unpleasant smell lingering within the fibres. You can remedy this with baking soda. Just add a few drops of your favourite essential oil to a jar of baking soda and mix it well. Sprinkle this solution on the carpet before you vacuum it and let it sit for 30 minutes. Baking soda will remove the odour, while the essential oil adds a pleasant smell to the entire room.
- Cleaning grout – grout is a problem area of your bathroom to clean because it is porous and easily absorbs stains. A lot of products can damage it, which is not what you want. Using baking soda on it is perfectly safe, however. You just need to scrub the area with an old toothbrush and some baking soda. You will find mildew and mould spots disappear.
- Clean the mattress – the odour-absorption qualities of baking soda do your mattress well. Sure, you can clean the linen, but you need alternative methods to clean the mattress as well. Pour a generous amount of baking soda and let it sit there. It will remove the odours before you vacuum clean it. Your mattress will be as good as new.
As you can see, you can use baking soda as an alternative form of cleaning, which works wonders around the home. Try it, and you will see just how effective it is.
© All Services in One Ltd