How you can clean your home with baking soda?August 14, 2018
7 no-fuss kitchen cleaning tipsOctober 17, 2018
Is there a room in your home that you visit on a daily basis and still have some trouble cleaning? Likely the answer is yes – the bathroom. There is no denying that addressing the mess in the bathroom is one of the more difficult home cleaning challenges out there.
Learning how to overcome the various chores during your cleaning session isn’t as difficult though. You need to implement a few clever tips into your daily life when visiting the bathroom as well as learn what the best practices for cleaning this area of your home are.
Following are the guidelines to help you do just that:
- Use a squeegee after a shower – one of the best things you can do to keep the place clean is to be a little preventive when it comes to moisture. A large part of the accumulated soap scum, hard water stains and limescale is due to the water left to sit in the shower area. What you can do is invest just a minute of your time after you take a shower to squeegee down the doors and curtains. That way you will keep the shower doors free of moisture, which can significantly improve the bathroom cleaning process over time.
- Make air circulate – another thing you can be a little more preventive about is discouraging mould and mildew growth. To do that, you need to improve air circulation in the room. Open the door more often and leave it like that for at least 30 minutes after you take a shower. Also, you can use air conditioners and dehumidifiers.
- Use baking soda and vinegar to clean the place – you don’t always need to resort to harsh chemicals to clean the bathroom. Sometimes you can achieve excellent results with using vinegar and baking soda. For example, vinegar and water make a nice all-purpose cleaner, while scrubbing grout with baking soda can rid you of mould and mildew.
- Clean the drain – even if the drain is not clogged, it is a good idea to give it a preventive clean. First, pour some baking soda and then follow up with half a cup of white vinegar. Let it sit like that so that it dissolves hair clogs, oil and grease and then pour hot water.
- Cleaning shower liners – if you use shower liners, you can launder them in the washing machine with hot water. This works for cotton, synthetic, vinyl as well as hemp curtain liners. If that doesn’t do the job, you have to scrub them by hand.
- Cleaning the showerhead – it is not unlikely for the showerhead to get clogged with mineral deposits. What you can do then is fill a plastic bag with one part water and one part vinegar and tie it around the showerhead. Let it sit overnight and then scrub with a toothbrush. That should clean it right away.
These are all proven tips for cleaning your bathroom the easy way. Use them whenever you need to deal with the room at home.
© All Services in One Ltd