How to clean your oven the eco-friendly way?November 20, 2018
How to clean your apartment in 30 minutes (or less)January 11, 2019
While it is true that there are great many cleaning products you can choose from in the store, not all of them are safe to use. A significant number of them are loaded with chemicals and ingredients, which can make you ill. The best alternative to that comes in the form of eco-friendly cleaners, such as essential oils.
Essential oils are a natural wonder. Their scent is amazing, and the anti-bacterial properties that many of them possess can be put to a very good use around the house. You need to consider a few DIY recipes.
They involve essential oils and common household items:
- Shower spray – mix the following in a spray bottle: 10 drops of peppermint essential oil, a quarter cup of vodka or rubbing alcohol and a three-quarters full cup of water. Shake the ingredients in the spray bottle and use the solution on your shower area. You can do so on a daily basis, immediately after taking a shower. The best part is that you don’t even have to rinse.
- Soft scrub – if you need a soft scrub to deal with a greasy stovetop, then all you need is a bowl and the following ingredients: half a cup of baking soda, 1 tbsp. water, 2 tbsp. castile soap and 10 drops of your favourite essential oil. This can be used on tubs and sinks as well, and you can just store any leftover material for future use.
- Cleaning wipes – did you know you can make your own cleaning wipes with the help of essential oil. What you need is a roll of paper towels, 15 drops tea tree essential oil, 1 tbsp. castile soap, 2 cups warm distilled water and an air-tight container or ziplock bag. Cut the paper towels in half and mix water, castile soap and essential oil in a bowl. Put the paper towels in the air-tight container and pour the mixture. Let it sit like that for 10 minutes. The liquid will soak into the towels and turn them into great wet wipes for when you need them. Remember to keep the lid on when the towels are not in use.
- Dusting spray – to combat dust on the surfaces around your home, you can mix 1 tsp. olive oil, 10 drops lemon essential oil, 3 tbsp. white vinegar and 3 quarters of a cup of distilled water in a spray bottle. Swirl the ingredients till you get a nice mix and use that along with a microfibre cloth to wipe down dusty surfaces of your home.
- Window cleaner – combine the following ingredients in a glass bottle: 3 quarters full cup of water, 1 tbsp. rubbing alcohol, 3 tbsp. white vinegar, 10 drops of citrus essential oil. Add a little more water after you have mixed the ingredients and you have yourself a powerful window cleaning solution for streak-free glass surfaces.
There is no doubt that you will find all of these recipes quite useful. Clean around your home with them, and you will make them your go-to solution for every chore out there.
© All Services in One Ltd