How to clean your apartment in 30 minutes (or less)January 11, 2019
Clean these 6 things in your kitchen with citric acidApril 19, 2019
If you are all for cutting your cleaning time and saving yourself a ton of effort, then you are definitely going to love this guide. It features a few mistakes that you probably make during your home cleaning efforts, which cost you not just time and effort, but also money.
Make sure you avoid:
- Not cleaning from top to bottom – this is probably the most important principle that professional cleaners pick up when they are first introduced to the job. Cleaning from top to bottom is perhaps the most important rule to follow when cleaning at home or elsewhere. Why is this so important? It is rather simple really: dust follows gravity. When you wipe some area, dust particles will fall down to lower ground, which means the latter will just need more cleaning. If you start from the bottom and work to the top, by the time you are done, some of the surfaces will be dirty again. For this reason, if you wish to spare yourself a lot of effort, you should always start from the topmost parts of your room and conclude with a carpet cleaning session. That way you will deal with the task effectively.
- Wiping cleaning solutions immediately – scrubbing away at bathroom surfaces, or any part of your home for that matter is no fun. Part of the reason why this task is so difficult is that you do not let cleaning products sit on the surfaces. You are basically trying to do the job that cleaning products are supposed to do. If you leave them, cleaning solutions will, in fact, break down the grime and dirt, making it very easy for you. To take advantage of this, you should always leave products a few minutes on the surface before you scrub.
- Cleaning without decluttering first – cleaning is not an easy task, and keeping clutter around makes things even more difficult. If you have to stop every minute, or constantly bump into clutter on the floor, then it is not a very good thing. Invest a few minutes to declutter the area. Not only will it become easier for you to clean, but the end result will be much better.
- You don’t keep a cleaning kit handy – presently, you can take advantage of many cleaning products and tools. They can help you in a great deal of cleaning tasks, so you should keep them within easy access. The best way to do this is to use a cleaning caddy. You can keep all of your brushes, bottles and sprays in one and carry it around whenever you need to clean.
- Not cleaning your cleaning tools – keep in mind: just because you are using cleaning solutions with them, your cleaning tools will not stay clean. They will harbour germs and bacteria, which you need to dispose of. Replace your cloths and sponges every few months or wash them at 60 degrees for thorough sanitation. As for things like your vacuum cleaner, you should disassemble it and clean the accumulated dust inside.
- You don’t clean in-between – while you can indeed devote half your weekend to cleaning tasks, there are things you can do to help this situation. Investing just a few minutes of your time every single day to do things like wiping the sink or sweeping up a mess can drastically reduce cleaning hassles in the long run. Overall, a proactive approach goes a long way.
All of these tips aim to help you overcome some of the costly mistakes that you are making over time. Your cleaning routine will become much more effective then, and you will save yourself a lot of effort.
© All Services in One Ltd